There are many different ways that the Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) can issue a WWO. These include, but are not limited to:
CSEA can legally withhold up to 65% of the Obligor’s disposable income; 55% if the Obligor has other children to support
- If the Obligor is employed, CSEA will issue the WWO directly to the employer. The employer will deduct the payments from the Obligor’s wages and send them directly to OCSPC (Ohio Child Support Payment Central) in Columbus.
- CSEA also has the ability to issue a WWO if the Obligor is receiving benefits from the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (OBWC), Ohio Bureau of Employment Services (OBES), and certain Social Security benefits.
- If the Obligor is self employed, CSEA can have support payments deducted from a bank account (savings or checking).
- After payment is received, OCSPC can take up to two business days to process it. After completion of processing, funds will either be direct deposited via EFT (electronic funds transfer) or via Ohio e-quick Pay MasterCard (debit card) to the Obligee.
- The employer is asked to send payments to OCSPC as often as the Obligor is paid, however this is not required as long as the monthly obligation is met. For example, the obligor is ordered to pay $200 per month in support, including fees. The Obligor is paying $2,400 ($200 X 12 months) in support per year. The following formulas demonstrate the estimated amount withheld per check depending on the pay periods the employer uses.
Bi-weekly = 26 pay periods: Yearly support ÷ 26 pay periods = Wage withheld per check
2400 ÷ 26 = $92.31 per paycheck
Twice per month = 24 pay periods: Yearly support ÷24 pay periods = Wage withheld per check
2400 ÷ 24 = $100 per paycheck
Weekly = 52 pay periods: Yearly support ÷ 52 pay periods = Wage withheld per check
2400 ÷ 52 = $46.16 per paycheck
A WWO could take up to 4-6 weeks to be processed by an employer.
* An additional 2% fee will be added onto the Obligor's support obligation. The fee will be paidafter the full monthly obligation is fulfilled. Some months these fees will not be paid, depending on the frequency of payments.
Site Design By